If approved, Kumu Hou, meaning renewed purpose, will ensure Waikoloa and the Kohala Coast remain competitive with other destinations around the world, create jobs and homes for local residents, while making a significant investment in the future through the following Community Benefits:
A development to refine meaningful resort and community experiences and an endowment to advance cultural and educational initiatives for community usage
- Not less than 142 affordable workforce rental housing units, exceeding commitment previously satisfied. The first within a Kohala Coast resort footprint
- Over three acres of new public parks and trails for public use and to facilitate beach access
- Approximately 1,000 full-time local jobs created by completion
- Reimagined 27-hole golf experience, modern clubhouse and driving range
- Dedication of the Parker Ranch recreation building as cultural center and home to The Waikoloa Foundation
- A portion of each sale from 900 proposed timeshare units will be set aside to fund an endowment for The Waikoloa Foundation – a total possible contribution of between $40 – $50 million to be funded during the sales period for initial transactions, expected from 2027 to 2042. This unique commitment from Waikoloa Land Company will be a covenant that commits the future project developer to continue upholding this lasting promise to the community. The endowment will ensure Waikoloa Foundation’s efforts – toward education, environmental stewardship and culture – can continue in perpetuity, allowing the Foundation to expand its impact for the people of Hawai‘i Island long beyond the work of the Waikoloa Land Company into the future.
For over 40 years
For over 40 years, Waikoloa Land Company has stewarded Waikoloa, a thriving master-planned community and premier vacation destination that directly and indirectly supports over 5,000 local jobs. With a vision to enhance the storied gathering place on the Kohala Coast, Waikoloa Land Company has thoughtfully proposed Kumu Hou – plans to improve the master-planned resort community for the benefit of Hawai‘i Island visitors and residents.